Conformation Drop-In $10/session
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Monday – Thursday
Cleveland All-Breed Training Club
210 Hayes Drive, Suite A
Brooklyn Hts., OH 44131
Schedule Your Dog for Obedience Classes Today!
For over 70 years CABTC has helped Clevelander’s learn to train their dogs. We welcome all breeds, including mixed breeds. Our instructors are accomplished trainers who are current on the latest techniques and our beautiful indoor facility is fully matted for your dog’s comfort and safety. Our up-to-date training equipment lets you train the right way.
Directions: Click here for Directions to CABTC
Classes are forming continuously. We average 24 classes per week and, space permitting, additional classes are scheduled on an as-needed basis. Please note that not all classes are available every evening – so please call or visit our website for a schedule.
Please note that registrations are now only done in our on-line system. Please check the schedule by clicking on the class of interest to you and click on register. This will take you to the on-line system, where you can create an account for you and your dog(s) and register and pay for your classes.
Note: Paper registrations are no longer accepted by the office.
For the safety, enjoyment and efficiency of the learning process, handlers must bring small, soft (easy to swallow) training treats and/or favorite toys, use lots of praise, and keep a respectful distance between your dog and others to relieve stress.
Join us on the 3rd Thursday of January, March, May, July, September and November for a Membership Meeting.
Membership Meeting begin at 7 PM.
BOARD MEETINGS: CABTC Board meetings are held via Zoom on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 7:30pm. Members are welcome to attend!
To attend a meeting, install Zoom on your computer and email Audrey Bentz email@example.com few days prior to any meeting to receive the sign-in link. Each meeting has a unique link, so follow this process for every meeting you wish to attend.
- Cleveland All-Breed Training Club was organized in 1940 and incorporated as Not-for-Profit with 19 members, 6 of whom became judges
- Classes were originally held in the Terminal Tower garage
- October 24, 1943 – 1st licensed Obedience Test
- 29 of the 38 entries qualified
- 1945 – hosted our first Tracking Test
- 1982 – trial location moved to Lakeland Community College with a record-breaking 403 entries – the largest obedience trial in the country
- 1989 – moved classes to current complex but different suite
- 1995 – first agility trial
- 1996 – moved to Suite B, expanding to 10,000 square feet
- Combined agility trial & Western Reserve Kennel Club’s breed/obedience shows at Metropark’s Polo Field in August and at the I-X Center in December
- Went from a 1-ring agility trial to 4 rings at the I-X Center – the largest in the country
- 2001 – first obedience trial on site; the first back-to-back trial
- Moved agility trials to North Olmsted Soccer Sportsplex
- 2005 – 1st Rally trial
- 2017 – Still going strong!!
- To promote the training of dogs and handlers.
- To disseminate the latest knowledge regarding dog training.
- To conduct classes focused on the the training of dogs and their handlers.
- To encourage the training of instructors & judges.
- To hold & support obedience trials, agility trials, tracking tests, sanctioned matches and other activities under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
- To promote cooperation and good sportsmanship among members in the training and exhibition of dogs